What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- Bricks By the Bay (California), Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California, July 14-15, 2018
- BrickCon Seattle, October 2018
- Brickworld Chicago, 2019
- Bouwblokjes, Evenementenhal, Hardenberg, NL, August 4-5th, 2018
- Texels Bouwblokje, Hoeve Nieuwkoop, De koog, Texel, NL, August 12th, 2018
- kinderboerderijdag, Kinderboerderij, Oss, NL, September 9th, 2018
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Spijkenisse, NL, September 15-16th, 2018
- Skaerbaek Fanweekend, Fritidcenter, Skaerbaek, DK, September 29-30th, 2018
- Brick Event 2018, PTI Eeklo, Eeklo, B, Oktober 6-7th, 2018
- Brick Ouest Nantes, Nantes, F, October 13-14th, 2018
- LEGO World NL, Jaarbeurs, Utrecht, NL, October 18-24th, 2018
- Festijn met bouwsteentjes, IJsselhallen, Zwolle, NL, October 25-28th, 2018
- Kinderen bouwen voor kinderen, Heijmans, Rosmalen, NL, November 3rd, 2018
- Skandinavian Event, Halmsted, S, November 9-11th, 2018
- Brick Mania Antwerpen, Antwerpen, B, November 24-25th, 2018
- festijn met bouwsteentjes, Rijswijk, December 8-9th, 2018
- BrisBricks Brisbane LEGO Fan Expo 2018 - 29th September to 1st October 2018, Chandler Arena, Sleeman Sports Complex, Brisbane QLD, Australia
See also Past Events.
The Great Ball Contraption Wiki is your web site! Add the GBC content you want to see. We are kindly hosted by Brickimedia, so your Brickimedia/ShoutWiki account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.