What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- Brickworld Chicago, 2019
- BrickCon Seattle WA, October 2019
- BrickCan Richmond BC Canada, May 2020
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Zeelandhallen, Goes, NL, Februari 23-24th, 2019
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Vanzantenhal, Nieuw-Vennep, NL, April 6-7th, 2019
- Brickmania Wetteren, scheppersinstituut, Wetteren, B, April 20-21th, 2019
- BrisBricks Brisbane LEGO Fan Expo 2019 - 25th and 26th May 2019, Morayfield Sport & Events Centre, Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Canberra Brick Expo - 10th and 11th August 2019, Hellenic Club of Canberra, Matilda St, Phillip, ACT, Australia
- BrisBricks Brisbane LEGO Expo 2019 - 1st, 2nd and 3rd October 2019, Chandler Arena, Sleeman Sports Complex, Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Bricktober Western Australia Lego Exhibition 2019 - 12th and 13th October 2019, Curtin Stadium, Bentley, WA, Australia
- Brickvention LEGO Expo - 18th and 19th January 2020, Royal Exhibition Building, 9 Nicholson Street, Carlton, VIC, Australia
See also Past Events.
The Great Ball Contraption Wiki is your web site! Add the GBC content you want to see. We are kindly hosted by Brickimedia, so your Brickimedia/ShoutWiki account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.