What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- Brickworld Chicago, 2018
- Brick Mania Antwerpen, Waagnatie, Antwerpen, B, November 25–26, 2017
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Brabant Hallen, 's Hertogenbosch, NL, December 16-17, 2017
- LEGO World DK, Bella Center, Copenhagen, DK, Februari 15-18th, 2018
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Zeeland Hallen, Goes, NL, Februari 24-25th, 2018
- Kockice Convention,City Sports Hall, Sveti Ivan Zelina, Hr, March 23-25th, 2018
- Bricks en zo, De Tamboer, Hoogeveen, NL, March 31th - April 1st, 2018
- Bricks am meer, Wandelhalle, Bad Zwischenahn, D, April 7-8th, 2018
- Brick Mania Wetteren, Scheppersinstituut, Wetteren, B, April 14-15th, 2018
- Pa kloss hold, Trondheim, N, april 28-29th, 2018
- Brick Mania Luik/Liege, , Luik, B, May 5-6th, 2018
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Van Zanten Hal, Nieuw Vennep, NL, May 19-21th, 2018
- BrisBricks Brisbane LEGO Fan Expo 2017 - 30th September to 2nd October 2017, Chandler Arena, Sleeman Sports Complex, Brisbane QLD, Australia.
- Brickvention 2018. January 20-21 2018, Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton VIC.
- Japan Brickfest 2018 -Kobe Fan Weekend-. June 9-10, 2018, Rokko Island, Kobe, Japan
See also Past Events.
ContributingBrickimedia, so your Brickimedia/ShoutWiki account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.